Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 05:03:50 GMT
From:      efinley@castlenet.com (Elliot Finley)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   screen control question

Hello,
     When I telnet in to my machine (2.2.6 stable), and I use 'less'
to look at a file, I'm unable to use the arrow keys or enter key to
scroll one line at a time.  But if I then use 'view' to look at a
file, it changes something because 'less' starts working, and it keeps
working until I logout and back in.  I don't see anything being
changed in the ENVIRONMENT variables.  I'm using the telnet client
that comes with IE 4.0 and it's emulating a vt100.

     If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate some insight on this.
--
     Later
        Science (efinley@castlenet.com)