Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:27:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /etc/ld.so.preload?

Is there anything in FreeBSD that gives this functionality?  My reading of
src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c in both -stable and -current seems to indicate
that there isn't any such functionality (i need the global functionality
that LD_PRELOAD doesn't give me).  I'd be willing to write a patch for it,
but I'd need some guidance on what would be a proper way to fix it.

I'm thinking of a patch to ldconfig to get /etc/ld.so.preload into the
hints file and then to hack gethints() in rtld.c to take an argument
indicating which path you want to return.