Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:19:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Woodchuck"  <djv@bedford.net>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        eashbaugh@hns.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General questions

Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> - It is possible to upgrade via csvup/make world if you allow the
> presence of development tools on each machine + enough space on the disk

It's also quite straightforward to make world (and build kernels) on
a single machine, and to do "make install" on several other machines,
by mounting /usr/src and /usr/obj by NFS. I update my small home LAN
this way, doing updates on several headless machines more or less
simultaneously. Automating the task would be a snap, too.

Dave