Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:22:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        bmk@dtr.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problems with inn port

> I've compiled and configured the news/inn port...  When I fire up
> /etc/rc.news, I get the following on my syslog:
>
> Mar 22 22:29:50 everest innd: ME descriptors 128
> Mar 22 22:29:50 everest innd: ME outgoing 115
> Mar 22 22:29:50 everest innd: /usr/local/news/lib/history cant dbminit ME No
> 	such file or directory
>
> innd then dies without further comment.
>
> innd -s does not report any errors with my newsgroups file, and I have
> run makehistory.  This is on a fresh news install.
>
> Anyone want to clue me in as to what I've missed?

Sorry, ports, mail to the author of the article bounced.

I'm guessing.

su to news and:

    /usr/lib/news/bin/makehistory

if it still doesn't work after running 'makehistory'. Look in /usr/lib/news
for files of the format 'history.n.*' and move them to 'history.*'
(make sure the permissions stay news:news:0664)

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com