Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:05:06 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "DSA - JCR" <juancr@dsa.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1 amd64 (Intel EMT64) and Samba 3

Hi all again

I am trying to install Samba in a computer with the above conf but I canīt.

I have made also a portupgrade -a in order to upgrade all the ports of the
system but I have always the same problem with samba I can get it to work
When I use Swat i always get:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libcups.so.2: unsupported file layout

I have the last Samba 3.22 from ports, and rebuilded all of them.

I have to say that some ports have errors and can not be builded. (really
I don't know which one of them, because the screen runs very quickly.
It seems that Samba is ok, because i run portupgrade -F Samba and get
nothing like if it were updated.

How can I solve this?

Is this because the amd64 flavour and is better to run the i386 one?

somebody has experienced FreeNAS? because if this is very problematic I
must think in another options, I must give the computer to my customer.

thanks in advance and best regards

Juan Coruņa
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico