Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 09:19:02 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Directories disappearing with CVSUP, -stable, and SOFTUPDATE

I just noticed last night that I too now have two copies of the ports tree -
one in /usr/src/ports which was where I installed it, and where the symlink
_used_ to point, and now a whole new copy in /usr/ports.

The latest date on a directory in the old, symlinked-to bit is Apr 12, the
oldest directory in the new bit is Apr 28.  (flat files in these two
directories have different dates).

I've used cvsup.au.freebsd.org and cvsup2.freebsd.org in the past, and am
currently using cvsup2 (via a plug-gw in the firewall).  I may have swapped
between the two servers in that interval 12/4 - 28/4.

jdp: any more info I can send?

fwiw: I am running softupdates on /usr/src but NOT /usr (aka /usr/ports).

Supfile follows and has been unchanged for some months - basically since 3.1R.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default host=fw.itga.com.au
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
# The following line is for 2.2-stable.  If you want 2.1-stable, change
# "RELENG_2_2" to "RELENG_2_1_0".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
#
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections,
# except "src-crypto",  "src-eBones", and "src-secure".
src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.
www tag=.