Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 19:58:17 +0200
From:      Tor Egge <Tor.Egge@idi.ntnu.no>
To:        xcejka00@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nullfs problem

> Does anybody use nullfs layer? Is this only my problem on my box?
> (Problem occurs if nullfs is mounted on root ffs.)

Yes. On a production system running -current.  Unfortunately I'm using
the wrong set of patches.

The unmodified nullfs layer in -current is broken for several reasons
and should not be used.  Fixing it correctly probably requires some
changes to the VFS/VM subsystems (modifying vm_fault, resolving
some locking issues and killing the buffer cache).

- Tor Egge