Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:11:23 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, bwoods2@uswest.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4

Mark Ovens wrote:

> So does this mean that I should change the tag in my supfile to
> RELENG_4 from ``.'' now if I want to (ultimately) track 4.x-STABLE
> rather than 5.x-CURRENT?

There are new 4.x-stable-supfile and 4.x-secure-stable-supfile files.
Since the plan up to the last moment, as far as I knew (and I had
asked), was to keep 4.x -current for a while longer, one can assume that
3.x will not be cease to be the prefered "stable" platform for a while.

As a matter of fact, we don't even have an automated source upgrade
procedure to 4.0 from 3.x-stable yet. "Make upgrade" won't work, and
neither will a simple "make world", and the path that exists to do so is
not the kind of thing we usually ask of -stable users.

Anyway, these files have been committed to RELENG_3, RELENG_4 and
-current.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

        One IP to bring them all and in the zone bind them.