Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:21:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM entry point for SCSI-to-Ethernet device.

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> In CAM, multiple drivers may attach to the same underlying device (e.g
> there is no special code to handle the 'pass' driver). So long as the
> pt device is not 'active' the se driver shouldn't care a bit about
> whether it has also attached to the cabeltron or not.  Eventually,
> there will be locking primitives available for you to claim exclusive
> or shared access to the underlying device, but I haven't found the
> time to write them yet.

Ah, so at bootup I'll see:

pt0 at dpt0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
pt0: <Cabletrn EA412/EA419    R 0100> Fixed Processor SCSI-0 device
se0 at dpt0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
se0: <Cabletrn EA412/EA419> SCSI to Ethernet
se0: address 00:00:1d:0a:23:d0

Or somesuch?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |