Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 1995 18:30:21 -0600
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        graaff@duticai.twi.tudelft.nl (Hans de Graaff)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: xvnews 2.3 released

It builds out of the box on FreeBSD 1.1.5.1.  You need to explicitly "make"
in the two guide subdirectories, though... it doesn't build them until it's
built the main and the main build fails if the libs aren't there and I'm
not familiar enough with Imake to hack that.

Nice program. I'm using it now... not as featureful as trn but very clean
with a minimum of inobvious junk.
=====

> This message announces the availability of xvnews release 2.3. xvnews
> is a newsreader with an OpenLook GUI, written using the XView
> toolkit. For those of you who want to go right ahead and pick it up,
> here are the FTP sites:
>
>     ftp.twi.tudelft.nl:/pub/news/xvnews-2.3.tar.gz
>     (note that this site only allows a small number of ftp connections)
>
>     ftp.uu.net:/networking/news/readers/xvnews/xvnews-2.3.tar.gz
>     (and all sites which mirror those directories)
>
> As an experiment I have also made available some information via WWW:
>
>     http://dutifp.twi.tudelft.nl:8000/xvnews/
>
> A log of the changes since the release of the previous version 2.2.1
> is appended below.
[... big log deleted...read the original article in comp.sys.sun.misc...]