Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 14:16:50 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        "Brent Rector" <brentr@tccsweb.com>, "Pete Vanderburgh" <peterv@verio.net>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Religious Propoganda.

At 12:25 09-05-1999 -0600, Brent Rector wrote:
>I completely agree.. This kind of spamming is outrageous!
>
>What kind of action can we take to prevent this type of abuse in the future?
>Is it possible to have the messages go through some kind of moderator prior
>to distribution to this (or other FreeBSD lists).
>
>If it is possible.. I would gladly volunteer!

Hi Brent,

While I agree that message did not belong here, how often does a thing like
that happen here? Is it really worth delaying the flow of messages because
of an occasional bad apple? (Surely you cannot sit at the computer 24/7 and
let all good messages pass through immediately.)

Now, if it were to become a regular thing, it may be worth having a human
filter. But so far, that has not been the case.

Abusus non tollit usum.

Adam
---
Want to design your own web counter?