Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:15:36 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Jon Mini <baka@elvis.mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An odd scripting language

> However, I am intruiged by your assertion here. It implies that perhaps
> a good direction to try would be to build a scripting language that is
> tied to FreeBSD, but contains elements that makes it easy to pick up
> by people who are already comfortable with the popular scripting languages.

A solution here may be to pick up an earlier scripting language
that has been abandoned, but is nevertheless useful. I'm specifically
thinking of Perl4, but I imagine that TCL, the lisps, the BASICs
and other older "Toy" languages may yield up a useful base for an
OS-specific scripting language.

> This is an interesting concept. Fraught with problems, but nonetheless
> interesting.

Yes. _Very_ interesting :-)

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn