Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:53:36 -0500
From:      Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to login with GDM

--=-B7vCLHr6O3rMim2uOGlv

I have Gnome 2.4 installed on my machine along with KDE.  I have until
know been using KDM for login, but would like to start using GDM.  I
have a GDM user and group created.  However, when I attempt to invoke
GDM from the CLI, I get several failed attempts with the following
error:

gdm_cleanup_children: Slave crashed, killing its children.

The display server has been shut down about 6 times in the last 90
seconds, it is likely that something bad is going on. I will wait for 2
minutes before trying to login again on display :0.

I have googled and found references to this error, but no resolution.=20
However, their were references to changes with Pam associated with
this.  Would someone who has installed GDM successfully provide some
guidance?

Thanks.

--=20
Cheers,
Trey
---

At a given moment I open my eyes and exist.
And before that, during all eternity, what was there?
Nothing.
- Ugo Betti

--=-B7vCLHr6O3rMim2uOGlv

--=-B7vCLHr6O3rMim2uOGlv--