Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:51:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Greg Lynn <dglynn@vaview5.vavu.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Always check serial cables!!

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Lynn <dglynn@vaview5.vavu.vt.edu> writes:

Greg> Well I found me freakin problem... serial cable was bad OR not
Greg> meant for my particular mb!!  Now how often do serial cables go
Greg> bad you ask ?  This is a first for me!  For a minute there I
Greg> thought just maybe the kernel was lying about finding sio0 ...

Actually, there are 10 pins on the motherboard and 9 pins used for
serial communications.  I have in my office expamples of 6 different
serial cables --- all plug compatible, but wired differently.

Dave.