Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 17:16:57 -0500
From:      Brian Scott <slipmat@ciai.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISDN HeadAches

My Fellow FbSD Hackers!
	I've been up for over 24 hours straight now trying to get this damn
kernel to compile with the isdn4bsd jaunx in it.  I've installed 3
different distributuions and get a different result with each, but it
all ends in my kernel erroring out when it gets to that portion of
compiling.

Here is the last scenario I have set up here....
freshly installed Freebsd 3.0 19981103-SNAP
then I unpacked the i4b into /usr/src and run the FreeBSD/install.sh,
(also I edited /etc/make.conf as sugested) then cd .. and make
depend;make;make install ....
this all seems to go well, no complaints at all.  Then I add this to muh
kernel.....

# USRobotics Sportster ISDN TA intern
options "USR_STI"
device isic0 at isa? port 0x340 net irq 5 flags 7
pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
pseudo-device   "i4b"
pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
pseudo-device   "i4btel"        2
pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
options         IPR_VJ
pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4

then I compile the kernel (which I've done hundreds of times) which in
this instance returned with this error....

[root@houze:/usr/src/sys/compile/HOUZE]# make
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_attach' referenced from text
segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_ioctl' referenced from text segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_isempty' referenced from text
segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_dequeue' referenced from text
segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_isempty' referenced from text
segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_dequeue' referenced from text
segment
i4b_isppp.o: Undefined symbol `_sppp_input' referenced from text segment
ppc.o: Undefined symbol `_ppb_intr' referenced from text segment
ppc.o: Undefined symbol `_ppb_alloc_bus' referenced from text segment
ppc.o: Undefined symbol `_ppb_attachdevs' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

its much close than before, but no bones frankie =(

So could anyone enlighten me here?

thanks in advance
Brian

Sys Admin WNOnline.net