Date:      Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:15:39 -0600
From:      Tom Vilot <tom@vilot.com>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: httpd.core

Thank you, Subhro, for such a quick response to my question.

> For examining any core file you need a debugger. A very popular
> debugger is the GNU Debugger also known as gdb

Now ... the only problem is that if I examine the httpd.core file, it
evidently has no debugging information in it (naturally):

This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
Core was generated by `httpd'.
#0  0x2895e06c in ?? ()

How do I build Apache with debugging information? I see in the INSTALL file:

     Use the --without-execstrip option to disable the stripping of
     executables on installation. This can be important on some platforms in
     combination with --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE or when Apache was
     built with debugging symbols which shouldn't be lost.

I assume I need that, too ... but I also am not clear on how to build
apache13-modssl with the debug information ...

Thank you in advance.