Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:17:57 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, edwin@mavetju.org
Subject:   Re: ld-linux.so.1 ?

Am Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:33:50 -0500
schrieb Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>:

> вівторок 31 січень 2006 14:28, Alexander Leidinger Ви написали:
> > > No, I did not. I'm using linux_base-rh-9. Can one install the linux_base
> > > _in addition_ to the later code in rh-9, or are there endless conflicts in
> > > there?
>
> > If the port is PREFIX clean, you just have to set it to be able to
> > install it in parallel, but since this port isn't emulation@-territory,
> > I don't know if it is PREFIX clean.
>
> The wingz3 port *is* PREFIX-clean.

I was talking about emulators/linux_base. I know that linux_base-8 is
PREFIX-clean, but this is a different port (and the only linux_base
port which is supported by emulation@... manpower, you know).

> > USE_LINUX=7
>
> Will this do the right thing, if the later Linux is installed already?

No, see bsd.port.mk, search for "/etc/redhat-release".

> And what will that right thing be?

Moan that a different/incompatible linux_base is installed and exit.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/