Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:40:23 -0500
From:      Jack Baty <jbaty@fusionary.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Email Etiquette on this list

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:53:24AM +1100, Chris Aitken wrote:

> Two reasons I loathe people emailing at the TOP of emails....
>
> 1 - The whole point of quoting an email in your email, is to give the user
> some background to what you are referring to. Whenever I am reading an
> email I can scan what is quoted first, then read the reply. Allowing the
> reply to make more sense the *first* time I read it. Instead of reading the
> email, then having to scroll down to read what the person is referring to
> then re-read the email again to let it make more sense.

I'm on the fence here. In most cases, I've already read the previous
messages, so I'd rather not have to scroll through them yet again to get to
the new, juicy bits. If the quoted portion is adequately snipped, however, it
works just fine. I'm a recent mutt convert (from Outlook) and the ability to

Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com/