Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:06:07 -0700
From:      "Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M" <jeffrey.m.ahrenholz@boeing.com>
To:        "antipsychic" <antipsychic@gmail.com>, <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: natd & vimage

Jake,

> tried making a custom kernel with IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT options =20
> enabled, as per natd man page.  build croaked on=20
> netinet/ip_divert.c: =20
> ipstat undeclared.  7-0-prerelease.
>=20
> have been using vimage for a test environment now since May, no =20
> serious problems, found it to be far more stable than the vmware =20
> environment was using before.

if you want to use 7.0-RELEASE and the vimage_7-20080228 kernel found
here http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/, I have made a patch that allows
you to load the ipdivert module with 'kldload ipdivert'. This patch may
not work for compiling in the option IPDIVERT but seems to work fine as
a module. Let me know and I'll post it...

(if you try to kldload ipdivert with the vimage_7-20080228 kernel, it
complains about that missing ipstat identifier)

also this patch enables ip_mroute, but I am still debugging that part...

-Jeff