Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 10:45:04 -0400
From:      Steve Birnbaum <sbirn@security.org.il>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   swaping of large process

--==_Exmh_-1112120560P

Hi,

I'm running 3.0-980426-SNAP with 32M of RAM and a 128M swap partition.
I've found that when a single process exhausts the available physical
memory the swap is not being used, resulting in an out of memory error
with almost half the swap space free.

The specific circumstance is gcc compiling kfmgui.cpp since the process
then needs about 30M if not more of memory.

Did something get broken in the latest snap release?

  Steve

--==_Exmh_-1112120560P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQEVAwUBNVmx7wNowu66bCy5AQFVvgf+IdB+40IbulEPWaneqeKXBTfdKsmsgg8t
IBMWCHDhZts7obzZcby11QEC8sCiraIb7SGCBnYu/BZ7VgID0W19y1sAiyn3x2I/
UntqCTTlR7Ix7SgbkhoRe+KX1ISqUUQcykXqVUYZgejgfxKlKIcRQuAviOLiTtnh
OsRO5BX3nTW+Txj8BZUuT1jSsdCg/XO/7twGOJPUaZiZVg6w9rV+6JmR3kmGJeqi
63P8Z+bwBKSq43NUDdn5nPqz3+vQ5Tg5/PICua6VII7/BzinEk/IgFgRESb1KVnf
fPXs2HQATNnELbq+d04cnFZFgqnIjmzSuTFIozP/Yu5uapbI1Uc9mg==
=qvY6
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1112120560P--