Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Bill Barnes <bbarnes@operamail.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>, freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: freebsd performance

> It's now 9 am, cdt and yahoo.com *does* load fast.  Must be the mail
> server that is the problem.  Got away from it a long time ago, but
> still have a few pieces coming thru.  Next assignment is clear.

I still think it was a down router in between. Next time this happens, I'd
suggest doing a traceroute to see where the connection is going, then when
it's fast again do another traceroute and see what happens. I'll bet a
router was down somewhere and you were getting re-routed through a slow
router...

Ken