Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:42:06 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Power JeSsIe! <jessie@power-jessie.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: increase size of root partition

On Thursday,  1 March 2001 at 19:09:39 -0800, Power JeSsIe!

Wow.

>  wrote:
> (again with subject included)

Good idea.

> greetings to all freebsd enthusiasts!
>
> is there a way to increase the size of my
> root partition. currently it is only 50 Mb
> and i am always getting a
>  '/: file system full' error..
>
> can i fix it without reinstalling the system?
> is there something to change in /etc/fstab?

We're working on a thing called growfs(8).  It can be used to expand
file systems under certain circumstances.  Based on your input, it's
probably not for you.  As others have commented, you first need to
find out why your file system is full.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.