Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:19:30 +0530
From:      Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reasonable UCE Controls for Postfix?

On 13/01/02 09:57 -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I run Postfix on a FBSD 4.4 server.  I have spent the last few days
> combing the Net for information on how to reduce my level of received
> spam.  I've found the Postfix pages describing all the individual UCE
> controls but I haven't found anything that ties it all together and
A google search on the postfix list archives would point you to Ralf
Hildebrandt's tutorials.

My restrictions are:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
	check_client_access	hash:/etc/postfix/access
	reject_unauth_pipelining
	reject_unknown_sender_domain
	reject_maps_rbl
	permit_mynetworks
	check_relay_domains

Normally we would keep permit_mynetworks higher up in the order, but I
prefer that people use valid domains in their email (just to stop
outbound spam).
/etc/postfix/access is a list of domains that have spammed me and
silently get dropped.
maps_rbl_domains = relays.ordb.org inputs.orbz.org
You could add relays.osirusoft.com to this, as well as the blackholes
list from http://doema.wirehub.nl/error/blackholes.txt

Another list is at http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php
Note that relays.osirusoft.com *can* block lots of valid mail, probably
including the FreeBSD lists since they let anyone post.
http://mrbill.net/postfix is a collection of regular expressions for
header and body checks (use with procmail or postfix, these are
expensive).

Devdas Bhagat