Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Brian Bennett <Bahamat@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bad install

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Brian Bennett wrote:
> I downloaded the floppy image so I could install bsd on a 486sx25 with 4MB
> RAM.  After booting with the disk, the install came to the hardware

The newer releases won't install with 4MB.  I think 2.1.0 was the
last that would.

> also.  Should I try a different computer?  I would love any help you can
> give me.

If you can't add the RAM, yes.  Try another computer with more RAM
in it.  5M minimum I believe though you really won't want to use
less than 8.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com