Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:16:14 +0400
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACPI power source detection

=F7 =D3=D2, 09/08/2006 =D7 23:29 +0400, Maxim Konovalov =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:

> > Something broken with ACPI power profiles on recent (yesterday)
> > 7-CURRENT
> >
> > Below configuration, that always works fine for me, now lead to instant
> > screen brightness blinking while activity.

> IIRC you have the same notebook I do (sony pcg505bx).=20

not same, pcg-Z1WA

> The config above works fine for me on week old -current.  Will try fresh =
-current
> in a couple of days.

Problem was solved for me, it is hardware problem, looks like 16V wire
from power supply has something like bad (not broken!) contact - lid on
power connector lights, everything seems work ok, but ACPI reports AC
multiple AC connections/disconnections (many times per second). If I
place wire in another configuration - everything works ok.

Sorry for false alert.

I'll repair power supply cord.

--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov