Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:52:48 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: help on testing for FreeBSD...

NGie Cooper wrote this message on Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 17:46 -0700:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
> > Garrett Cooper wrote this message on Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 17:25 -0700:
> >> Hey jmg@ (-testing CCed)!
> >
> > Sure, np...

> >> I have a couple questions:
> >> - Where would the source live in the tree?
> >
> > Which source are you talking about?  The python source? or the source
> > for the input data files?  If you mean the later, it's where they will
> > be committed...  They are taken from NIST's CAVP program unchanged...
> > I COULD possibly write a complicated rules to fetch and extract the
> > files, but decided not to...
>
> The bulk majority of the driver source (.c, .h, etc).

The code that I'm testing is in src/sys/opencrypto (and there are other
drivers that can get tested too, but it still goes through the opencrypto
code)...  Hence why I put them in tests/sys/opencrypto...  If that's the
wrong location, let me know and I can move them...

> >> - Why are they written in python?
> >
> > Because I'm too lazy to write code in C...  I had already written
> > framework code in Python, and C doesn't have a standard function to
> > decode hex.. :)  And error handling it much easier in python...
>
> I ask because we don't have a means for doing unittest level execution
> right now and not being written in something that's in base or
> installed automatically (perl for instance) would mean that your test
> code wouldn't be run by default on jenkins runs.

Yeh...  Though as a kld will have to be loaded, and a sysctl set as
root, there's other issues to having it automaticly run as part of
jenkins...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579