Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:03:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Russell D. Murphy Jr." <rdmurphy@vt.edu>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux_base-6.1 problems

Can you remind me how to trace it?  My recollection is that there is a
linux specific version of ktrace/kdump, but I'm relatively ignorant.

I'm not sure how /compat/linux/usr/local disappeared.  It did exist.
I was just reminded that it had matlab as well as netscape installed
under it.  I wish I knew how local vanished.

Thanks-

Russ

According to Marcel Moolenaar (February 17, 2000):

| Can you give more details as to which system call stata (= glibc2.1) is
| trying to use.
|
| > The way I installed the port was:
| >
| > cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base/
| > make all
| > pkg_delete -v linux-base-5.2
| > make install
|
| This is ok. Removing the linux_base-5.2 package does not remove
| /compat/linux/usr/local.
|
| > Does anyone have any recommendations about how to fix this?  I'd
| > really like to get stata running again (and netscape would be nice
| > too).
|
| Revert to linux_base-5.2?
|
| --
| Marcel Moolenaar
|   mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org
|   tel:  (408) 447-4222
-----
Russell D. Murphy
Department of Economics
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
3034 Pamplin Hall
Blacksburg, Virginia  24061-0316
(540) 231-4537
rdmurphy@vt.edu