Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:11:47 -0700
From:      "Totally Jayyness" <Jayyness@mindspring.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't seem to assign a different port for http (apache)

I was able to change my static IP (thanks for the help in tracking down
rc.conf)

Now that my FreeBSD 4.4-Stable server is at home an on my internal network,
it is back up and running... somewhat.

On my internal network, if I open my browser and go to 192.168.0.10, it
pulls up
my web page just fine.  But if I go into httpd.conf and try to change the
port that httpd
normally listens on, I am having no luck.  I have tried these things.

I tried adding the line

Listen 14

then I stopped and restarted httpd but when I try to now go to
192.168.0.10:14, no
joy.  So I tried

Listen 1124

Thinking that maybe since I was running httpd as user 'nobody' that the port
# was
to low.  Again, trying to get to 192.168.0.10:1124 gives me page can not be
displayed.  So I delete out the 'Listen' line and decide to change the
default port.

So I run down through httpd.conf until I find where it sets the port to 80
and change
it to 14.  Stop and restart httpd.  No luck.  Thinking it might be that
'nobody' user
giving me trouble, I change the port to 1124, stop and restart it... still,
going to
192.168.0.10:1124 doesn't bring up the page.

You guys have any ideas?