Date:      Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:07:04 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient reusing old leases when it shouldn't

--nextPart1509379.lAjXe5A0rx

Hi,
I have a bfe0 and an ath0 interface and I have
ifconfig_bfe0=3D"DHCP"
ifconfig_ath0=3D"WPA DHCP"

in rc.conf. I use ath0 at home and bfe0 at work.

I find that when I come to work I end up getting a lease on bfe0 but shortl=
y=20
afterwards I find my resolv.conf is stomped with an old lease from ath0 and=
=20
stuff stops working.

It would be nice if there was some higher level which decided what informat=
ion=20
to use, but I'd settle for dhclient not touching per-machine stuff=20
(resolv.conf, routing etc) unless there is actually a link active on the=20
given interface :)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum