Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:01:40 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Alex Dupre <sysadmin@alexdupre.com>
Cc:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/php4: questions and suggestions

On 6/29/2003 11:37 PM, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Sunday, June 29, 2003, 2:11:34 AM, you wrote:
>
> JR> According to http://bugs.php.net/?id=23697 I'm not sure about that.
> JR> Is this statement somewhere documented?
>
> Nope, sources are the best documentation...all things I told you about
> disable-all and with-regex come directly from sources...php doc is
> lacking.

You're absolutely right. But you may understand that I doubt the
statement after my expirience with php4-4.3.1rc as described in the
pr above.

> JR> Is there a difference between --with-regex and --with-regex=system?
>
> Well, --with-regex is equal to --with-regex=php,
> nothing (no option) is equal to --with-regex=php,
> --with-regex=system is equal to --with-regex=php when php is compiled
> as apache module.

Hm, it seems there is a change after 4.3.1RC3, because configuring fails
with apache2 and '--with-regex=system' but works with apache2 and
'--with-regex'. I'll give it another try with recent version and keep
you informed.

Best,
Jens

PS: Do you remember your asnwering announcement from saturday?