Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:45:36 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Zaid Dashti" <zaid500@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Laptop

}-----Original Message-----
}From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Zaid Dashti
}Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 2:08 AM
}To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}Subject: Laptop
}
}Hi
}i installed the FreeBSD v4.0 on my laptop and everything it's ok
}except my modem and network card (pc-card(pcmcia))
}the com port of my modeom under win98 it's com3 = cuaa2 under freebsd
}but it doesn't work and i think my modem is windmodem. my
}questions is:
}1- if my modem is winmodem can i solv this problem ? how ?
Yes. How? Buy a new modem.

}2- my network card is Genius "PCMCIA" "10/100MB". how i can
}identify it
}under freebsd ?
Look in /etc/pccard.conf to see if it's listed as a supported device.
If you don't have an /etc/pccard.conf, then you need to copy it over
from /usr/share/examples/etc/pccard.conf.sample

}3- can i use POA under FreeBSD v4.x ?
It's PAO, and no. You don't need it. It was integrated into 4.x so
that makes things a bit easier. Did you put the appropriate lines in
your /etc/rc.conf to start and ifconfig the pccard NIC?

Regards,
Otter