Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:18:18 +0300
From:      Sergey Lyubka <uptsoft.com@uptsoft.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: locore.s quiestion

> >From my own notes:
>
>       The address of the "begin" symbol is pushed onto the stack,
>       and the btext() function returns ...not to its caller, but to
>       the begin() funcion, in the relocated address space.
>
> This is one of those "You are not expected to understand this"
> things.  Probably, you would benefit from reading:
>         Protected Mode Software Architecture
>         Tom Shanley

I understand this well, Terry, but thanks, anyway.
My question was - why the jump is done, I see no need to
do that. When the loader calls btext, it is at high va already.

Sorry about the link, it is broken now,
so please ignore it.

Regards,
-sergey

P.S. Terry, push/ret sequence has nothing with protected mode.