Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 04:32:26 -0500
From:      "Jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cable Modem support

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BF3FA2.E5E1DE20

I need to know if there is any BSD support for a General Instruments =
Internal Cable Modem.  This modem does not use any Netowrk Inteface =
cards to work but has special software and plugs into a ISA port.

The software required for it to run on a win98 machine is called =
SCMWatch 1.1.1 Connection Manager made by General Instruments of =
Deleware.  I am unable to find a web site for this software and it only =
seems avabale from my ISP.  My ISP says they will never support anything =
other than Win98.  They do not support Win95 or NT.

If anyone has something I can use to allow me to connect via this =
interface let me know.  It seems to be the only possible interface =
available where I love other than a 33.6 connection.  56k ISPs are not =
even avaialble!!!.  DSL was quoted to costs $7500+ for installation and =
a max speed of 144k.  All other options are well over my financial =
means.

Any hole in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have great =
need of features that only seem to be found in BSD and other Unix spin =
offs.

Thanks
Jason Cribbins
"kib" - FtS Productions Team

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BF3FA2.E5E1DE20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I need to know if there is any BSD =
support for a=20
General Instruments Internal Cable Modem.&nbsp; This modem does not use =
any=20
Netowrk Inteface cards to work but has special software and plugs into a =
ISA=20
port.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The software required for it to run on =
a win98=20
machine is called SCMWatch 1.1.1 Connection Manager made by General =
Instruments=20
of Deleware.&nbsp; I am unable to find a web site for this software and =
it only=20
seems avabale from my ISP.&nbsp; My ISP says they will never support =
anything=20
other than Win98.&nbsp; They do not support Win95 or NT.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone has something I can use to =
allow me to=20
connect via this interface let me know.&nbsp; It seems to be the only =
possible=20
interface available where I love other than a 33.6 connection.&nbsp; 56k =
ISPs=20
are not even avaialble!!!.&nbsp; DSL was quoted to costs $7500+ for =
installation=20
and a max speed of 144k.&nbsp; All other options are well over my =
financial=20
means.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any hole in this matter would be =
greatly=20
appreciated as I have great need of features that only seem to be found =
in BSD=20
and other Unix spin offs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jason Cribbins</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"kib" - FtS Productions=20
Team</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BF3FA2.E5E1DE20--