Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 22:40:42 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Scott Mace <smace@crash.ops.neosoft.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nv and vat.

In message <199505240304.WAA00353@crash.ops.neosoft.com> you write:
>has anyone gotten nv or vat to sucessfully work on freebsd?

nv will display incoming video, and the X11 screen grabber works if you
have an 8 or a 24 bit visual.

I haven't gotten vat to work, even using -U /tmp/vatsock and vmix, either
with the SNAP-950412 sound drivers or the 3.0 that I found, I think in the
same place that I found vmix.  (Perhaps ftp.best.com:/pub/hasty, but I'm
not positive)

vic will also display video just fine.  My pentium is a *lot* better at
decoding h.261 than is my sparcstation.

  Bill