Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:58:39 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Daniel Annereau <dan@annereau.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: netatalk port

Daniel Annereau wrote:
> Hello,
> I have searched and searched and can't find any info concerning the file
> structure of the netatalk port that I installed with the system.
> I added the netatalk option to my kernel config and recompiled with no
> errors and am using that kernel now.
> At one point in time I had atalkd running but I don't know exactly how
> it started.  I could connect to BSD from my Mac using appleshare over IP
> (although it didn't show up in the chooser).

That's a config problem with netatalk, consult the netatalk docs.
Often, rebooting the netatalk server will cause atalkd to re-register on
the network, after which it will show up in the chooser.

> I also didn't find atalkd anywhere where the man pages said it would be
> nor could I find the atalkd.conf file either.

You should be able to type "man atalkd", "man afpd".

> Please help me with any info on the startup, config, etc. of the
> netatalk port as installed at system install.

Config files are located in /usr/local/etc.  This is typical of any
software installed on BSD.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies