Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 1996 23:25:39 +0200
From:      Sergios <sergios@hol.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdosfs broken...

>> Is it possible that msdosfs is unable to work properly when there is a
>> partition greater than 1gb (i.e. with clusters of 32kb ?). The warning

>Yes, msdosfs is "broken" in this regard.  When you get that message,
>unmount the filesystem IMMEDIATELY and never mount it again, it IS
>destructive!

Just of curiosity what exactly happens in this case? Once I mounted a large
dos partition to copy some files there and on boot the bsd / had vanished
[!]. I had to reinstall / but I am still curious why it was the / filesystem
that got corrupted and not the dos partition....

(Now I have / in its own slice and differrent partitions for /usr /var etc.
so In Case Shi* happens I will not have to reinstall everything.)