Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:48:46 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A mozilla lite port.

Ade Lovett wrote:

> On 02/12/02 16:27, "Jeremy Lea" <reg@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > [massive snippage]
> >
> > What do people think?
>
> I like it.  I've also been toying with the idea of a little knob (or a
> simple slave port) on the mozilla port to automatically bring in
> mozilla-headers and mozilla-embedded and install them.  Sort of the opposite
> of what you're talking about (call it mozilla-full).  Things like
> gnome-fifth-toe might be a little bit less of a headache, when you've
> already gone through one compilation of mozilla (to get mozilla-embedded for
> nautilus to get GNOME), only to be immediately faced with another
> compilation (mozilla being the first item in gnome-fifth-toe).

You don't really need this, because mozilla, mozilla-embedded and
mozilla-headers share *the same* WRKSRC, so that whatever your
installation order is the mozilla being built only once. This was one
of the primary design goals of the mozilla-embedded/mozilla-headers.

> Perhaps we could combine this, and also bring in the IPv6 patch (so we can
> pitch mozilla+ipv6) we can clean it up for good.

No problems here, provided that the resulting patchset is throughly
tested both on -stable and -current before it is committed.

-Maxim