Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 10:57:41 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        timb@thud.cdrom.com (Tim Bach)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI hardrive controller

Tim Bach stands accused of saying:

> I am about to purchase a SCSI controller and was wonder which one
> people recommend..

There's a wide range which perform very well; it depends on your bus
of preference.

> I am not subscribed to this newsgroup so please email any replies thanks.
> Still deciding which to go with pci or scsi..I would like a decent one
> but price is a issue.
> I am pci or vesa..
> mean..

PCI is definitely the way to go; you can get an NCR 53C810 based SCSI
controller for <$100 which will perform nearly as well as any other
controller you care to name, and at that price, nobody complains 8)

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[