Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:43:32 -0800
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   probs with pccardd

Hey all,

I'm hoping that someone can give me an assist here.

I installed the 19991208-CURRENT snapshot on my Sony Vaio 505tx a
few weeks ago and had no problems getting my Linksys EC2T pcmcia
ethernet card up and running.

Last night I checked out new -current sources and did a make world.
Everything seems to be in order except that now the ethernet card fails
to get setup correctly. I get the following error in /var/log/messages:

pccardd[275]: driver allocation failed for Linksys(Combo PCMCIA
EthernetCard (EC2T)): Device not configured

I've tried compiling several different kernels to no avail. I'm using
the default /etc/pccard.conf file with a very small change to the vendor
string for my card. (I added the rest of the vendor string as pccardc
dumpcis was bringing up the full string)

I'm sure this is a bonehead thing I'm just overlooking...

-Bill

--
-=| --- B i l l   S w i n g l e --- http://www.dub.net/
-=| unfurl@dub.net  - unfurl@freebsd.org - bill@cdrom.com