Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:58:50 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu>
Subject:   Re: Creating a New Port: /usr/ports/security/pecl-kadm5

On Friday 11 September 2009 02:36:25 Tim Gustafson wrote:
> I'm trying to create a new port.  To get myself started, I copied pecl-hash
>  and then modified the Makefile and the distinfo file.  When I try to make
>  my port, it downloads the file from the PECL repository, extracts it, runs
>  configure and then starts compiling, but in the end I get a bunch of
>  errors from cc about undefined constants:
>
> kadm5.c: In function 'kadm5_error':
> kadm5.c:285: error: 'KADM5_FAILURE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> kadm5.c:285: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> kadm5.c:285: error: for each function it appears in.)
> kadm5.c:288: error: 'KADM5_AUTH_GET' undeclared (first use in this
>  function) kadm5.c:291: error: 'KADM5_AUTH_ADD' undeclared (first use in
>  this function)
>
> So, I manually edited work/kadm5-0.2.3/kadm5.c and added:
>
> #include "kadm5/kadm5_err.h"
>
> That file has -most- of the needed declarations, but there are a few more
>  that aren't there, and I'm thinking the version of Kerberos that's
>  installed in FreeBSD 7.2 just doesn't have those declarations (the two
>  missing declarations are for KADM5_AUTH_SETKEY and
>  KADM5_SETKEY_DUP_ENCTYPES).
>
> So, my first question is: How can I tell my port to patch
>  work/kadm5-0.2.3/kadm5.c with the needed line above?
>
> My second question is: Is there a "proper way" to hack the needed values
>  into kadm5_err.h?  Should I make a new .h file and include it as part of
>  the port only?
>
> And last but not least:
>
> After I manually patched the kadm5.c file and hacked the missing
>  declarations into kadm5_err.h, I get a different set of errors:
>
> kadm5.c: In function 'kadm5_error':
> kadm5.c:440: error: label at end of compound statement
> kadm5.c: In function 'zif_kadm5_get_principals':
> kadm5.c:1048: warning: passing argument 3 of 'kadm5_free_name_list' makes
>  pointer from integer without a cast kadm5.c: In function
>  'zif_kadm5_get_policies':
> kadm5.c:1184: warning: passing argument 3 of 'kadm5_free_name_list' makes
>  pointer from integer without a cast
>
> Now, I am not a C programmer.  I took a C class in about 1996 and that's
>  more or less the last I've done in C.  Is there anyone out there who might
>  be kind enough to help me get this port working?  I have a real need for
>  Kerberos administration from within PHP, and this PECL library being
>  absent has been a stumbling block for a long time now.

Could shar(1) your current work? I can likely fix the issues you're seeing,
but it would be nice if you can save me some cycles finding the urls and
making the distinfo.
How to shar a port is I think covered in the porters handbook. In short:
cd /usr/ports
shar `find category/portname -type f` >/tmp/portname.sh.
--
Mel