Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 05:38:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        Aernoudt Bottemanne <bottemanne@capitolonline.nl>
Cc:        mholloway@flashmail.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.3 works perfect..

> So far I do not fully agree about FreeBSD on Alpha. There is a lot of
> progress on 4.0 current so I keep hoping....it will be better.
> At this moment Debian on Alpha is way ahead on FreeBSD on ALpha: both
> for the amount of applications and for performance etc etc.  Since I
> prefer FreeBSD I will just keep waiting for better times, don't get me
> wrong  : - )
This is not entirely true. This depends a _lot_ on what hardware you have.
I have a series of older 200 4/233's and they installed far easier using
FreeBSD than with Debian and overall the system ran a lot smoother. Some
of the newer hardware is still unsupported or only recently supported
which is what causes the problems. This will definitely change as time
goes on.

-don