Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:06:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Fwd: IRC vs identd vs inetd.conf vs me! [255...?]

PL> *** Banned: Install Identd for access (2001/4/18 09.20)
PL> *** Closing Link: mrmeatie[root@255.255.255.255] (Banned)

I have uncommented the proper "auth" lines in my /etc/inetd.conf file,
and added one line of text (8 chars) to a file called ~/.fakeid however-

I continue to get errors similar to the ones above, and wonder why the IP
is coming out as 255's and not my actual IP address.  Is it possible to run
identd "cloaked" (or whatever) as auth externally and not just "nowait,
internal, etc?"

Thanksd for your help with identd,

--
Peter Leftwich