Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:44:40 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Tim Bishop <tim@bishnet.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg-plist - dirrm on shared dirs?

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:53:43AM +0000, Tim Bishop wrote:
> What's the correct procedure for dealing with "shared" directories,
> possibly created by a port, in the pkg-plist?
>=20
> A specific case is the irc/pircbot port, according to the URL below there
> are two directories (/usr/local/share/java, /usr/local/share/java/classes)
> which are left behind.
>=20
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-full-logs/extras.html#pircbot-1=
.0.2.log
>=20
> What should I do with these directories? If I dirrm them there's a chance
> they'll fail because another port might have put files in there.
>=20
> Unless I'm missing something obvious, like a "dirrm if empty" or the
> package management stuff is clever enough to know about it.

If it's truly shared, then you can use @unexec as the other poster
suggested.  However, in this case those two directories are not
"owned" by the pircbot port (they were not created by it), but belong
to the jdk port it depends on.

Furtherfurthermore, if you take a look at the log itself you'll find
that these directories are incorrectly being REMOVED by the jdk port
when they should be left behind (they're defined in BSD.local.dist and
are therefore "system" directories).  It's a bit unintuitive, but the
"extra files" on that webpage that are of the form ./<path> instead of
<path> are files that have been mistakenly removed.

Finally, I already fixed this problem last week :-) Thanks for your
diligence though.

Kris

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu--