Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:14:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't Delete Directory?

> What about the output of `ls -alid r` ?

/usr/ports/textproc/aspell/work/aspell-.33/scowl # ls -alid r
206363 drwxr-xr-x  3 500  500  512 Mar  1 20:30 r/

> Have you tried `rm -Rf r` ?

/usr/ports/textproc/aspell/work/aspell-.33/scowl # rm -Rf r
rm: r: Directory not empty

> Did fsck actually fix anything?

fsck asked me a few questions about removing corrupted entries and I said
yes.  One of the files was in this directory.  The only reason why I said
yes b/c I thought it was safe considering it was in the work directory and
I could just rebuidl the port if needed.