Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:09:49 +0000
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I find out what's not being done? -RPM fails unless I use --noscripts

Tyring to install Pervasive SQL on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE

# rpm -ivv --ignoreos --noscripts --root /compat/linux pervasive.rpm

Appears to be successful, but since it's not running the install script, there
are obviously some steps that aren't being done.

If I attempt add like so:
# rpm -ivv --ignoreos --root /compat/linux pervasive.rpm

No files are actually installed anywhere. I'm not very familiar with rpms, is
there a way I can unpack the archive and simply check to see what the
scripts should be doing and do it manually? OR, does anyone have any
suggestions as to why the scripts don't run that I can fix?

TIA
-Bill