Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:48:25 -0800
From:      bmah@acm.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        murray@FreeBSD.ORG (Murray Stokely), qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_5 Branch : January 21 ?

If memory serves me right, John Hay wrote:
> Why not do it in the RELENG_4 tree? Maybe start with it even before RC1 (in
> the future). There is nothing that says the documentation shipped with the
> RCs shouldn't already claim 4.5 or is there? I think you will get more eyes
> on it in the RELENG_4 branch.

I try to make the release documentation track newvers.sh...otherwise
it's kind of confusing to have multiple release note documents that say
"4.5-RELEASE".  It's actually quite trivial to bump the version number
(it's controlled by SGML entities, which are all defined in one file).
Like I pointed out in other email, problems in the release notes are
likely due to *other* "misteaks".

Bruce.