Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:50:03 GMT
From:      "Jonas Wolz" <jwolz1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/119225: [wi] 7.0-RC1 no carrier with Prism 2.5 wifi card (regression)

The following reply was made to PR kern/119225; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jonas Wolz" <jwolz1@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, jyrki.k@post.cz
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:45:53 +0100

 I recently did some more experimenting and found an workaround that
 works for me ("ifconfig scan" still doesn' work):

 When I use an old ISC dhclient binary from FreeBSD 5 which ignores the
 "no carrier" status and sends the DHCP requests anyway,
 I get an IP address from the router and ifconfig shows "status:
 associated" afterwards. (and the network works just fine)

 Manually setting the IP address seems not work, however (but this
 might be also my router...).