Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:36:12 +0100
From:      Sven Pfeifer <sven@yagonna.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Formatting an email for this list using vi

Hi,

Frederick Bowes <fred@k1x.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have just started learning to use vi, and remember someone posting
> something a while ago about how to re-format an email reply to have pro=
per
> 60 character width or something like that, does anyone remember how tha=
> is done?

I do something like this with the following command:

        vi -c 'set tw=3D68 et' file_you_like_to_edit

It=B4s integrated into my .muttrc, so i can use vi as editor in mutt
and all lines have 68 charactes in maximum.

> Thanks,
> Fred

HTH

	Sven

--=20
Why you can't find your system administrators:
  There's more caffeine than blood in his veins, and he was last seen
  hopping down the hall pretending he was a pogo stick.