Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:15:18 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        nobody nobody <freebsd_stable@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSROOT where can I get it ?

nobody nobody wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know where can I get the CVSROOT tree as I need it for
> make release for my tailor freebsd-stable and freebsd-current CD.  I
> had search the  ftp.freebsd.org and some other site but I cannot find
> it.  Any idea ?  Thanks.

CVSROOT is the name of an environment variable that you set using your
shell to point to a full CVS repository somewhere on your system. For
example, you might want to use 'setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs' or something
similar.

To actually get the full repository, you are going to need to use a tool
like CVSup. Read the FreeBSD handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook),
then check out the example supfile
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile. Note that this supfile is only
for downloading the full CVS repository, which runs to several GB, most
users only want the actual source in which case you use the stable-supfile.

You should read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html
for more information on building a release.

Andrew.