Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:40:11 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Daniel Jongepier <djongepier@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My soundcard

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:15:45PM +0200, Daniel Jongepier wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD people,
>
> Cince i am looking for a fast Unix like OS, I am interrested in FreeBSD, but
> there is one small thing, no support for my SoundBlaster live! 1024.
> Dous the release, whitch is now under the branch -current (and will be 5.0)
> support the EMU 10K chip?
> If yes, is there any way it can be released as an 4.5/4.6 update?

Am not exactly sure if I understood your question, but the SB Live surely is
supported. I use it myself. Just make sure you have "device pcm" in your
kernel config file and do a "./MAKEDEV snd0" in /dev after booting the new
kernel.

AFAIK the EMU10k of the SB Live is supported since some 4.2 or 4.3 version.

HTH
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos